A List of Wildlife Film Festivals
One of the best ways to let your film work for you is to submit it to a series of wildlife film festivals. Through our connection with the major wildlife film festivals, we’ve slowly learned when and where they all are. We’d like to share a complete list of environmental film festivals for you here.
The two big film festivals are Wildscreen and the Jackson Hole Wildlife Film Festival. They alternate years so as not to loose the relatively small number of wildlife filmmakers that will make the journey here each year. Other than these two, there are a few others worth noting.
- Jackson Hole Wildlife Film Festival – Jackson Hole, WY – October
- Wildscreen (every 2nd year – alternating with Jackson) – Bristol England – October
- IWFF (International Wildlife Film Festival). – May
- Blue Ocean Film Festival – Monteray, CA, – August
- San Francisco Ocean Film Festival – San Francisco, CA – March
- San Francisco Green Film Festival – San Francisco, CA – March
Other Environmental Film Festivals
- American Conservation Film Festival – West Virginia – Nov
- Colorado Environmental Film Festival – Golden, CO – Nov
- Big Sky Documentary Film Festival – Missoula, MT
- Earthdance – US Traveling Green Festival – Year-round
- Wild and Scenic Film Festival – Nevada City, CA – January
- Environmental Film Festival – Washington DC- March
- EcoVision Festival – Brazil – July
- Yale Environmental Film Festival – CT – March/April
- NaturVision – Germany – July
- CMS VATAVARAN – India – December
- Conservational and Wildlife Film Festival – Traveling all Year
- Madeira Film Festival – Portugal – April
- GreenScreen Festival – Germany – September
If your wildlife or science film festival is not on this list, please send an email through our contact form.