Ten Ways to Save the Ocean!
- LEARN everything you can about the ocean. Watch videos and read stuff on the web. The more you know the better!
- SHOP SMART. Make sure you know where your seafood comes from. Ask at the grocery store and at restaurants.
- CONSERVE water. This is just good to do in general and important to helping the environment.
- REDUCE pollutants from home. Make sure you dispose of cleaning products properly and don't overuse herbicides and pesticides.
- REDUCE waste. Whenever possible recycle or reuse your trash. When you have to throw it away make sure you do it ecofriendly.
- REDUCE auto pollution. Drive a fuel efficient car, carpool or better yet ride a bike.
- PROTECT ocean wildlife. By all means don't dispose of fishing lines or nets in the ocean and clean up any you sea.
- BE CONSIDERATE of sealife habitats. When you're in the ocean habitat, stay away from marine wildlife by not bothering the birds, turtles and fish.
- GET INVOLVED. Do a beach cleanup or support ocean related activities.
- CARE! PASS ON this KNOWLEDGE to everyone you know!
Other good sources for saving the ocean:
Cite this Page: Nelson, R. 2009. "Ten Ways to Save the Ocean"
(OnLine) UntamedScience. Accessed May 24, 2013 at http://www.untamedscience.com/biology/world-biomes/oceanic-pelagic/ten-ways-save-ocean